Shore Up CT is a state of Connecticut funded low-interest loan program which provides financing for property owners in coastal municipalities located in Flood Zones VE or AE to finance or refinance property elevations. Additional retrofitting for flood protection and wind proofing activities can also be financed.
- 2.75 % fixed interest rate (2.894% APR*)
- 1% origination fee
- Borrow $10,000 to $300,000 with 15 year term
- No monthly principal or interest payments for the first 12 months
- Borrower must maintain property, hazard, and flood insurance for the life of the loan
- Primary and secondary single family homes, or 1-4 unit owner-occupied rentals. Owners must live in the property at least 14 days per year.
- Businesses with fewer than 100 employees and in good standing with all state agencies.
- Subject to coastal flooding and located in either Zone VE or Zone AE in coastline communities as defined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and NFIP.
- These coastline municipalities are: Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport, Fairfield, Bridgeport, Stratford, Milford, West Haven, New Haven, East Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook, Old Lyme, East Lyme, Waterford, New London, Groton, and Stonington.
- Must be up-to-date with all local, state, and federal taxes.